Advanced users of Afinia and UP! printers really
appreciate the ability to print models without raft
and with a base that has a very smooth mirror-like
* Borosilicate is a very high temperature glass. It
has a melt temperature of about 800° C.
* It has a very low thermal expansion coefficient.
* Resistant to thermal shock compared to regular
* Has an extremely flat surface.
* Used instead of perf board on Afinia and UP! printers.
* Can be used with purple glue, Kapton tape or Blue Painters Tape (available separately).
* Prepare a second plate and quickly switch
plates when a model finishes printing. This
significantly reduces printer idle time between prints.
* Reduces warping, however platform has to be
properly leveled as is the case with any platform
on a 3D printer.
* 5.5″ x 5.5″ x 0.08″ (140mm x 140mm x 3mm).
Octave’s Borosilicate glass plates are specially
manufactured for use as print platforms on Afinia
and UP! 3D Printers. The plates have smooth
ground edges for safer use and ease of handling.Advanced users of Afinia and UP! printers really appreciate the ability to print models without raft and with a base that has a very smooth mirror-like finish.